Wednesday, February 01, 2006

LEARN TO WORK THE SAXOPHONE

Can anybody tell me what to do with myself while I wait to hear back from grad schools? I had a lot of nervous energy before, but it was pretty easy to put it to use with all of the ridiculous shit I had to do for each application. There is always, of course, the jump rope, and winter vegetables, and the superbowl, and Adam moving back to Pittsburgh, but on the other hand, there's gas prices, committee meetings, and faltering friendships. Also, each day a different toe goes numb, no lie.

Well, at least that Steely Dan album is pretty good. I was nervous that I liked it so much because I was kind of afraid that Dave was making fun of me when he recommended it. (That would be a good trick, wouldn't it?) I asked Dave if he knows how to pronounce "Aja," and indeed he does not. Is there a lesson in this?