LOVE CALLS YOU BY YOUR NAME
I bought a Leonard Cohen album today. So, it's going to be that kind of winter.
I've heard of this Leonard Cohen winter before. Actually, the guys I knew who lived in the apartment below me, before I moved into the building, seemed to be constatnly in the middle of one. They looked like 70s transplants, and at least one of them was always drawing strange flowcharts about phenomenology or rolling a cigarette. I never really knew them that well, but we accrued the kind of friendship you get through a mutual friend, when you go to enough parties together. We played darts with them and watched movies, drank gin and tonics with slices of cucumber instead of lime. They were very Leonard Cohen, even though we usually listened to Bowie and the Velvet Underground. They had just graduated from college, and they were doing whatever you do in that time period. I think, then, I wanted to have their lives. I wanted to forget about writing papers. I wanted to have time and money. I've got time and money now, but I'm not all that satisfied.
I bought a Leonard Cohen album today. So, it's going to be that kind of winter.
I've heard of this Leonard Cohen winter before. Actually, the guys I knew who lived in the apartment below me, before I moved into the building, seemed to be constatnly in the middle of one. They looked like 70s transplants, and at least one of them was always drawing strange flowcharts about phenomenology or rolling a cigarette. I never really knew them that well, but we accrued the kind of friendship you get through a mutual friend, when you go to enough parties together. We played darts with them and watched movies, drank gin and tonics with slices of cucumber instead of lime. They were very Leonard Cohen, even though we usually listened to Bowie and the Velvet Underground. They had just graduated from college, and they were doing whatever you do in that time period. I think, then, I wanted to have their lives. I wanted to forget about writing papers. I wanted to have time and money. I've got time and money now, but I'm not all that satisfied.

<< Home