SOME OF THE PROBLEMS OF BURSTING INTO SONG
1. Sometimes the song is bad. Do you have any way of ascertaining that your fellow coworkers also enjoy the song? Not really, unless you have a chat about it around the coffee pot in the morning, which I would like to remind you you have never done.
2. The world is not a special parade for you. Bursting into song confuses this fact slightly.
3. I know this is going to come as a shock, but some of us (no, it's true) don't like show tunes. Or Savage Garden.
4. Who do you think you are?
5. Worst (by far): your coworkers who are not bursting into song might wonder, after they've run the gamut of cranky thoughts, why don't I feel free to burst into song? Who do I think I am? Why haven't I given myself permission to throw a special parade for myself? Is this low self-esteem?
Next week: some of the hazards of working with arts administration Republicans, the most confusing Republicans by far.
1. Sometimes the song is bad. Do you have any way of ascertaining that your fellow coworkers also enjoy the song? Not really, unless you have a chat about it around the coffee pot in the morning, which I would like to remind you you have never done.
2. The world is not a special parade for you. Bursting into song confuses this fact slightly.
3. I know this is going to come as a shock, but some of us (no, it's true) don't like show tunes. Or Savage Garden.
4. Who do you think you are?
5. Worst (by far): your coworkers who are not bursting into song might wonder, after they've run the gamut of cranky thoughts, why don't I feel free to burst into song? Who do I think I am? Why haven't I given myself permission to throw a special parade for myself? Is this low self-esteem?
Next week: some of the hazards of working with arts administration Republicans, the most confusing Republicans by far.

<< Home