I USED TO BE AN ASTRONAUT, BUT NOW I'M A ROCK. I USED TO BE SMART BUT NOW I'M SMARTER. I USED TO BE TALL BUT NOW I'M HUGE WITH BIG FEET.
The above is an except from the group poem one of my 8th grade classes wrote today. In case you're wondering, I consider it an overwhelming success.
Now that I'm thinking about it, I don't know why I was nervous about teaching these kids. As soon as I stood up in front of them, I realized, "Oh, they're just children! I get it!" I'm definitely an adult to them. Probably kind of weird, as adults go, but still. Soon I'll post more highlights from my teaching experience, but I'm kind of zonked right now, and really, all I have coming my way is an ice cream sandwich and an episode of the OC. And that's exactly how I like it.
In other news, I still don't care what's on G.W.'s iPod.
The above is an except from the group poem one of my 8th grade classes wrote today. In case you're wondering, I consider it an overwhelming success.
Now that I'm thinking about it, I don't know why I was nervous about teaching these kids. As soon as I stood up in front of them, I realized, "Oh, they're just children! I get it!" I'm definitely an adult to them. Probably kind of weird, as adults go, but still. Soon I'll post more highlights from my teaching experience, but I'm kind of zonked right now, and really, all I have coming my way is an ice cream sandwich and an episode of the OC. And that's exactly how I like it.
In other news, I still don't care what's on G.W.'s iPod.

<< Home