THE COLOR OF
I just got back from my mom's Unitarian Universalist-ish discussion group and realized what a long time it's been since I've been able to chat in person with a group of intelligent, well-read, enthusiastic, nice people. I guess guided meditations, throwing the I-Ching, and all of those other things sound really new agey and hokey, but I feel like I grew up without any real, solid symbols, and sometimes looking for them is a comfort to me. I keep on looking at my mother's ring, the one that looks like an omega or omicron, and wondering what it was supposed to mean. Everybody asks me, but I know that she doesn't know, either. Maybe I should just make it up.
I just got back from my mom's Unitarian Universalist-ish discussion group and realized what a long time it's been since I've been able to chat in person with a group of intelligent, well-read, enthusiastic, nice people. I guess guided meditations, throwing the I-Ching, and all of those other things sound really new agey and hokey, but I feel like I grew up without any real, solid symbols, and sometimes looking for them is a comfort to me. I keep on looking at my mother's ring, the one that looks like an omega or omicron, and wondering what it was supposed to mean. Everybody asks me, but I know that she doesn't know, either. Maybe I should just make it up.
<< Home