Wednesday, May 26, 2004

JACK THE BOOTLEG, JOHNNY

This has been a strange week. By "strange," I mean "bad." Our DSL is out for some reason, and I missed an e-mail that would have told me that we didn't have a 9:30 AM design meeting today. Now I'm on campus way earlier than I need to be, and I have to get up early tomorrow for the rescheduled meeting. And, with all of the excitement from Monday, I'm a little, shall we say, depleted. And full of useless, useless coffee.

Yesterday I met with Lauren, the other writing ATTRA, and Dave, the fiction teacher. Governor's school is going to be great. Lauren and I will be an impeccable poetry/fiction team! I'm just now getting fully excited about what this will be like. I'm a little nervous about the week-long orientation we have to go through before the high school kids get there; Dave said it was "a lot of role-playing" and made a face. Does that mean there's going to be a trust fall, too? I guess I forgot all about this nurturant stuff when I made the application. And don't get me wrong, I think I am a nurturing person, I just don't like the institutionalized activities that are usually required for such purposes. Maybe I'm just borderline shy. But shhh, don't tell anybody.