Wednesday, September 11, 2002

TRANSMIT A MOMENT BETWEEN ME AND YOU
I've been back and forth between depressed and not depressed all day. I didn't get to talk to Dave about the whole fucky jazz thing, but I made an appointment to talk with him tomorrow before the jazz ear training class. I still don't know what I would say. I feel like I'd need notecards or something. A powerpoint presentation. Why Sarah Is Considering Dropping Her Jazz Minor. Supporting Point A, Supporting Point B, Supporting Point C. We'll see.

I've actually been really productive this evening, what with reading my Heidegger assignment for tomorrow, and writing out jazz notation for six pages of homework. It's kind of tedious (and kind of weird to think of your homework as writing "Doot Doot Doot buh Doo buh Doo daht") but I sat my ass down and did it nonetheless. Don't give me too much credit for reading the Heidegger, though, because I spent most of my time thinking "ow, this cinamon toothpick is really hot" and significantly less thinking about being and difference. Would it kill you to use some concrete images, Martin?

I'm taking a self-imposed break now. I still need to practice and go over my Solfege assignments for tomorrow, but I'm decidedly waiting until Ram comes over around elevenish. I'm listening to Galaxie 500 and feeling less desperate sad and more wistful My So-Called Life sad. This is definitely a good thing.