Sunday, September 08, 2002

TODAY IS THE GREATEST
Today was wholly unproductive. I spent far too much time in my room waiting for my trombone teacher to call and say what time we were going to have our lesson. He ended up having to call it off because he had a gig in Butler, and I kind of knew he wasn't going to get back in time. In the meanwhile I downloaded fonts, read Aristotle's Politics, some Nietzsche, and some Tennessee Williams for my classes. I have lots of writing assignments for the play class that I need to get to work on, but I'm having a really hard time finding a topic for a ten-minute play that I would want to stick with for more than a week. That's the thing about the playwriting and fiction classes: you don't write nearly as many brand new pieces per semester (well, maybe you do, but I sure don't). You just write two or three longer pieces and keep on working on them. So I'm not just doing some throw-away exercise, I'm doing something that I'll be working on for the first half of the semester. I was going to write about interns in a politician's office, but while it would be good for me to write, I doubt it would be good for anybody to read. I'm considering going back to my trusty theme of parent/teacher figures. Yeah. It's a crutch.

Recent news on my schoolgirl crush on the Miroslav bassist: I have a picture of him as my wallpaper. Eee. As much as I'm sure that this is kind of lame and embarrassing, it's kind of exciting. Because there's Nate every day, you know? (Shhh, don't tell.)