JUST FOR THE SAKE OF CLARITY
Last night's post was not meant to damage any feelings. Of course, I was poking fun at a lot of people (because all of the date scenarios are culled from my own life), but more than anything else, I was making fun of myself because I have a tendency to see any activity, no matter how actually casual and meaningless, as a potential date. I want everyone to know that the joke is most importantly on me, for being such a ridiculous, delusional girl. All of you nice dudes who have asked me to do anything (Cartoon Network or the Symphony) are just that: nice dudes. I didn't mean to hurt any feelings.
But, while we're talking about hurt feelings, I want to reiterate that this is my personal, flawed, partisan, and totally unfair portion of the internet. I've long ago learned not to air my dirty laundry here, but I didn't think of last night's entry as dirty laundry. I considered it more of a comment on the completely confused concept of dating that we young people have in the 21st century (and excuse me for sounding like Heloise). Single, and occasionally lonely, girls such as myself are particularly prone to sticky and stupid situations here.
So: this is not one of those "I'm sorry that your feelings are hurt" apologies, I'm just sorry, and I will be much more careful in the future not to injure any feelings here.
Last night's post was not meant to damage any feelings. Of course, I was poking fun at a lot of people (because all of the date scenarios are culled from my own life), but more than anything else, I was making fun of myself because I have a tendency to see any activity, no matter how actually casual and meaningless, as a potential date. I want everyone to know that the joke is most importantly on me, for being such a ridiculous, delusional girl. All of you nice dudes who have asked me to do anything (Cartoon Network or the Symphony) are just that: nice dudes. I didn't mean to hurt any feelings.
But, while we're talking about hurt feelings, I want to reiterate that this is my personal, flawed, partisan, and totally unfair portion of the internet. I've long ago learned not to air my dirty laundry here, but I didn't think of last night's entry as dirty laundry. I considered it more of a comment on the completely confused concept of dating that we young people have in the 21st century (and excuse me for sounding like Heloise). Single, and occasionally lonely, girls such as myself are particularly prone to sticky and stupid situations here.
So: this is not one of those "I'm sorry that your feelings are hurt" apologies, I'm just sorry, and I will be much more careful in the future not to injure any feelings here.
<< Home