Sunday, January 30, 2005

TRANSMISSIONS FROM THE SATELLITE HEART

Well, hi everybody. This is the very first blog report from my new computer! Yeah, I have a laptop, just like all the other yuppie muckrakers and such. You know, the ones with the bicycles and lattes and graduate theses that you see all over town. Well, look who moved on up and joined the club!

The only slightly anti-climactic element of this day is that I'm making this post not even two feet away from where I usually post, because my computer is all spread out on the desk at the Hunt Video Collection. So, two feet of mobility, yeah!

But it's always more than that with Apple products, isn't it? It's a lifestyle choice, man. Now that I have this shiny silver computer, I want to get a hazlenut latte or dye my hair ash blonde and ride a bicycle and start participating overly much in message boards. All from the comfort of my favorite coffee shop, where other people can see me and my bitchin' highlights!

Ha, I thought I was going to get something productive done at work today. Not when there's a world of froofy computer vanity maintinence to do!