FUNK PUNK
Getting 12 hours of sleep is the best thing ever. I naturally woke up at 8:45 this morning, had breakfast, did all my errands, went to therapy, and basically rocked my shit out. Maybe there's something to hibernation after all. I mean, it's cold and dark outside, you don't want to do anything after eight p.m., so why make the effort? Instead, go to sleep, wake up early, and have a good day instead. Fuck you, winter! I'm figuring your shit out!
I'm thinking about starting another blog that simply reviews things. Not just music or books or movies, mind you, but things. Things that I like, things that you should like, too. Like, say, getting 12 hours of sleep in the winter, typing slowly, black cherry tea, smelly t-shirts, ZE Records, bad haircuts, Isotoner gloves, and the like. All of which would be elevated by the myriad associations they bring to mind.
In grand Sarah tradition, I'm laying the ground for my plans to keep sane this February. Ryan and I figured out that February is the worst month, the one you really have to get through. First, at least at CMU, you don't get a break until March, so it's two solid months of school. Second, it's still unremittingly cold, generally. And then you have Valentine's Day to contend with. Maybe Valentine's Day is nothing to you, but I struggle with it because I appreciate its aesthetics so much. And then I get the idea into my head that some secret boy will pop out of the woodwork and give me a paper carnation or something. NEEDLESS TO SAY that it's never happened before, and I usually end up with a lot of undistributed hand-made Valentines getting dirty at the bottom of my bag. So, that's pretty tough. Maybe this 12 hours of sleep thing will help out, though. Or I'll get a pedicure with my girlfriends or something horribly Sex-in-the-City esque. They say April is the cruelest month? Not HARDLY. April is great.
Getting 12 hours of sleep is the best thing ever. I naturally woke up at 8:45 this morning, had breakfast, did all my errands, went to therapy, and basically rocked my shit out. Maybe there's something to hibernation after all. I mean, it's cold and dark outside, you don't want to do anything after eight p.m., so why make the effort? Instead, go to sleep, wake up early, and have a good day instead. Fuck you, winter! I'm figuring your shit out!
I'm thinking about starting another blog that simply reviews things. Not just music or books or movies, mind you, but things. Things that I like, things that you should like, too. Like, say, getting 12 hours of sleep in the winter, typing slowly, black cherry tea, smelly t-shirts, ZE Records, bad haircuts, Isotoner gloves, and the like. All of which would be elevated by the myriad associations they bring to mind.
In grand Sarah tradition, I'm laying the ground for my plans to keep sane this February. Ryan and I figured out that February is the worst month, the one you really have to get through. First, at least at CMU, you don't get a break until March, so it's two solid months of school. Second, it's still unremittingly cold, generally. And then you have Valentine's Day to contend with. Maybe Valentine's Day is nothing to you, but I struggle with it because I appreciate its aesthetics so much. And then I get the idea into my head that some secret boy will pop out of the woodwork and give me a paper carnation or something. NEEDLESS TO SAY that it's never happened before, and I usually end up with a lot of undistributed hand-made Valentines getting dirty at the bottom of my bag. So, that's pretty tough. Maybe this 12 hours of sleep thing will help out, though. Or I'll get a pedicure with my girlfriends or something horribly Sex-in-the-City esque. They say April is the cruelest month? Not HARDLY. April is great.
<< Home