HELLO, I THINK YOU WOULD LIKE ME
Had a nice time at the Vale and Year show, for those of you who deigned not to come. I had never been to the Shadow Lounge before but liked it pretty well. Also, it was full of people I was glad to see, so thank goodness for that. This summer has been almost ridiculously social for me, but I'm glad that I finally feel at ease someplace.
It's been so nice to have a weekend weekend. I mean, a real honest-to-goodness weekend (plus an extra day!). Dave and I took a long walk to Bloomfield on Sunday for a visit to the best record store in Pittsburgh (Jerry's notwithstanding). Actually, between those two stores I've been picking up insane amounts of new music, and I should surely be stopped. Recent acquisitions: Neil Young, After the Goldrush; Al Green, Let's Stay Together; the Beatles, Magical Mystery Tour (on vinyl! with original booklet!); David Bowie, Absolute Beginners; Fannypack, So Stylistic; the Kills, Keep on Your Mean Side; Art Blakey and the Jazz Messengers, Ecaroh. Also, a gamelan field recording of music from the Shadow Play. TOO! MUCH!
Carolyn helped me dye my hair dark brown on Saturday, and we both generally painted our nails and got all pretty before Adam's party. All I have to say is BLOODY DOVES RULE THE ROOST.
Had a nice time at the Vale and Year show, for those of you who deigned not to come. I had never been to the Shadow Lounge before but liked it pretty well. Also, it was full of people I was glad to see, so thank goodness for that. This summer has been almost ridiculously social for me, but I'm glad that I finally feel at ease someplace.
It's been so nice to have a weekend weekend. I mean, a real honest-to-goodness weekend (plus an extra day!). Dave and I took a long walk to Bloomfield on Sunday for a visit to the best record store in Pittsburgh (Jerry's notwithstanding). Actually, between those two stores I've been picking up insane amounts of new music, and I should surely be stopped. Recent acquisitions: Neil Young, After the Goldrush; Al Green, Let's Stay Together; the Beatles, Magical Mystery Tour (on vinyl! with original booklet!); David Bowie, Absolute Beginners; Fannypack, So Stylistic; the Kills, Keep on Your Mean Side; Art Blakey and the Jazz Messengers, Ecaroh. Also, a gamelan field recording of music from the Shadow Play. TOO! MUCH!
Carolyn helped me dye my hair dark brown on Saturday, and we both generally painted our nails and got all pretty before Adam's party. All I have to say is BLOODY DOVES RULE THE ROOST.
<< Home