Monday, July 28, 2003

GOT MY HEAD CHECKED BY A JUMBO JET
As much as I've enjoyed my job at the library (well, parts of it, at least), it's going to be over soon. I've decided that I really can't keep up three jobs during the school year, especially with all of the other extras I'll be doing for the English department this year. (It's going to be hard to be "the new Emily Green," but I'm sure going to try. Except for that part about yelling, "Give us a kiss, you sexy beast!" during student readings. I think I'll leave that part to Adam and Carolyn. And yes, I really got a kick out of being (mistakenly) called a librarian by all of the pre-college kids looking for plays and sheet music, although who would have thought that "librarian" would ever have been a hip status job akin to working in a record store, cafe, or bookstore?

Potential changes before the start of the school year: hair dyed dark brown, a typewriter tattoo, handmade skirts, new chuck taylor converse, and a mouth full of shiny white teeth. Also, high heels, geometric substitute teacher blouses, white utility belts, and NO ASYMETRICAL HAIRCUTS. THE DAY I GET AN ASYMETRICAL HAIRCUT IS THE DAY YOU KNOW FOR SURE THAT I'VE SIGNED MY SOUL OVER TO THE BETTIE PAGEINATED DEVIL INCARNATE NAMED ELECTROCLASH.