LOOKING AT YOU REMINDS ME OF LOOKING AT THE SUN
In response to Ram:So, my top five desert island records (and get ready yell off your hipster-hating heads, folk) are as such: 1) Murray Street, Sonic Youth; 2) Insignifigance, Jim O'Rourke; 3) Do You Want More?!??!!, the Roots; 4) The Beatles, The Beatles; 5) OK Computer, Radiohead. So, I'm aware that you may be thinking, "No Pixies?!? I thought this was Sarah Smith we were talking about." And yes, that's true. Although let's be clear, this is not a favorite-albums-of-all-time list, which would be at least a little different. Doolittle has already been my desert island album, but more in the long, arduous desert island of the soul way. I've already scrutinized and thought through so much of that album. Also, I realize that it's cheating to list the white album as one record, but that's just the way I'm playing this one.
Other items necessary for a pleasant desert island stay: teas, coffees, and sugars, cans of jewel-like green vegetables, scissors, black linen shirts and dresses, ebony cigarette holders, a few tarps, a few cases of Bic pens, candles, brandy snifters, copies of Through the Looking Glass, The Wasteland, and Shakespeare's Complete Works, a few red pennants, and a star chart.
In response to Ram:So, my top five desert island records (and get ready yell off your hipster-hating heads, folk) are as such: 1) Murray Street, Sonic Youth; 2) Insignifigance, Jim O'Rourke; 3) Do You Want More?!??!!, the Roots; 4) The Beatles, The Beatles; 5) OK Computer, Radiohead. So, I'm aware that you may be thinking, "No Pixies?!? I thought this was Sarah Smith we were talking about." And yes, that's true. Although let's be clear, this is not a favorite-albums-of-all-time list, which would be at least a little different. Doolittle has already been my desert island album, but more in the long, arduous desert island of the soul way. I've already scrutinized and thought through so much of that album. Also, I realize that it's cheating to list the white album as one record, but that's just the way I'm playing this one.
Other items necessary for a pleasant desert island stay: teas, coffees, and sugars, cans of jewel-like green vegetables, scissors, black linen shirts and dresses, ebony cigarette holders, a few tarps, a few cases of Bic pens, candles, brandy snifters, copies of Through the Looking Glass, The Wasteland, and Shakespeare's Complete Works, a few red pennants, and a star chart.

<< Home