Thursday, October 03, 2002

NO BODIES EVER KNEW/NOBODIES
Okay, this post is going to be crazy-full of links. As if it were a blog or something. Which I think you can tell it isn't. Anyway, the point is that my zine has been accepted by a total of five distros! Wooooo! I'm so grateful that all of these awesome distro ladies liked my zine. It feels a little validating. It gives me a totally different feeling about writing the next issue because I won't just be trying like mad to sell it to the people in my classes. And presumably people will be reading it for reasons other than flipping through to find their own names mentioned, or to find out what I say about people that they know.

Without further ado: Five Minute Romance Distro run by Andrea in Philadelphia, Pink Kitty Star Press and Distro run by Kerri in Manchester, CT, Frida Loves Diego Distro run by Celia, an awesome librarian currently living in Chicago, Dreamers Distro run by Lisa in Vernon, CT, and Supernova Distro in Kentfield, CA. The zine doesn't appear at the last two websites yet, but will soon. I hope you choose to support these awesome distro-ers and the works that they carry. There's some excellent stuff to be read and seen. Go DIY!

In other news, I've signed up for National Novel Writing Month, or NaNoWriMo, as I believe it's known among participants. This means I'm going to be writing a 50,000 word novel during November, starting no earlier than midnight, November first. Will I have time for it? Will it drive me crazy? Will it be any good? I'm sure one of those questions is the point, but I couldn't tell you which one it would be. This should be pretty interesting. Get ready to give me backrubs and cookies, okay? Get prepped.

If you see Dave B., plese wish him a happy belated birthday on my behalf. True, I already wished him a belated birthday in person, but more is never enough. Happy birthday, you lecherous old man. I wish the whole cast and crew of Hair a broken leg; I'm really excited about the production tomorrow. Two of my friends from high school are coming into town, and it's going to be total fun all weekend.

Ram, I love you.

Later, everybody. I'm going to have some peanut butter crackers.