MILKSHAKE 'N HONEY
I can't pin down why this week has gone by so quickly, but already it's my favorite time of the week. Thursday when they show the art films on campus, when I only have one class left and it's really easy and it isn't until 12:30 the next day. The only thing is that we're going to have our first assignment in political philosophy tomorrow, and I know it's going to hang over me all weekend. Prof. Cavalier's take-home exams are usually pretty straight-forward and I'm glad that I kind of know what to expect from them, but I always agonize over them nonetheless. (You aren't surprised.) It would be nice to have an actual grade in one of my classes, though. So far I haven't had an actual assignment. In anything.
I'm afraid I definitely have a cold, so stay away. I'm starting to feel kind of achey and tired, which means I probably won't work out today. Ach. I guess it might be good for me to chill out for a few days, especially if I can't swallow right or breathe through my nose. I'm definitely not a believer in that whole "stay out of the rain or you'll catch cold" thing, but it seems to have happened to me. It's been making me think about that weird green and red medicine that Mary Poppins gives to the kids after they've been in the rain. And how much I would like some right now. Actually, Jenn has these cough drops with honey inside, and they're so much like tea and honey, but they cut up my tongue something fierce.
I was just in Squirrel Hill birthday present shopping for You Know Who, and it was a nice time. I'm sad to say that the 61c had Ozzy fan barristas today, but they were really nice to me and gave me extra tea because I told them I was afraid I was getting sick. I'm working on a framework for a zine about how living in a city has changed me, including some really analytical passages as well as some descriptions of typical Pittsburgh moments and a brief guide to record stores, coffee places, parks, the usual. I'm really excited about this zine because it feels like such a connected idea, and it looks so much like it'll work out. Hopefully by the time I finish it my reading audience will have expanded (by selling through distros) so people from other places can read my guide to Pittsburgh.
Work is good. They like me; I like them. I'm good at what they ask me to do. And I get paid. It's a much more pleasant situation than the internship with DeWeese's office, which is funny because the DeWeese job was actually a little more demanding protocol-wise and task-wise. Or maybe it only seems that way because now I have actual office experience. Eh.
While it's impossible to me that those of you who read this wouldn't know, I'm going to invite you to come to the Underground (sub-level of Morewood) for a battle of the bands tomorrow night, eight-ish, I think. It features the Girls, so you know I'll be there. Selling CDs. Well, maybe not, but I know that I'll be there chain-chewing cinamon toothpicks and throat lozenges.
I can't pin down why this week has gone by so quickly, but already it's my favorite time of the week. Thursday when they show the art films on campus, when I only have one class left and it's really easy and it isn't until 12:30 the next day. The only thing is that we're going to have our first assignment in political philosophy tomorrow, and I know it's going to hang over me all weekend. Prof. Cavalier's take-home exams are usually pretty straight-forward and I'm glad that I kind of know what to expect from them, but I always agonize over them nonetheless. (You aren't surprised.) It would be nice to have an actual grade in one of my classes, though. So far I haven't had an actual assignment. In anything.
I'm afraid I definitely have a cold, so stay away. I'm starting to feel kind of achey and tired, which means I probably won't work out today. Ach. I guess it might be good for me to chill out for a few days, especially if I can't swallow right or breathe through my nose. I'm definitely not a believer in that whole "stay out of the rain or you'll catch cold" thing, but it seems to have happened to me. It's been making me think about that weird green and red medicine that Mary Poppins gives to the kids after they've been in the rain. And how much I would like some right now. Actually, Jenn has these cough drops with honey inside, and they're so much like tea and honey, but they cut up my tongue something fierce.
I was just in Squirrel Hill birthday present shopping for You Know Who, and it was a nice time. I'm sad to say that the 61c had Ozzy fan barristas today, but they were really nice to me and gave me extra tea because I told them I was afraid I was getting sick. I'm working on a framework for a zine about how living in a city has changed me, including some really analytical passages as well as some descriptions of typical Pittsburgh moments and a brief guide to record stores, coffee places, parks, the usual. I'm really excited about this zine because it feels like such a connected idea, and it looks so much like it'll work out. Hopefully by the time I finish it my reading audience will have expanded (by selling through distros) so people from other places can read my guide to Pittsburgh.
Work is good. They like me; I like them. I'm good at what they ask me to do. And I get paid. It's a much more pleasant situation than the internship with DeWeese's office, which is funny because the DeWeese job was actually a little more demanding protocol-wise and task-wise. Or maybe it only seems that way because now I have actual office experience. Eh.
While it's impossible to me that those of you who read this wouldn't know, I'm going to invite you to come to the Underground (sub-level of Morewood) for a battle of the bands tomorrow night, eight-ish, I think. It features the Girls, so you know I'll be there. Selling CDs. Well, maybe not, but I know that I'll be there chain-chewing cinamon toothpicks and throat lozenges.
<< Home