Tuesday, February 22, 2005

I LUV THE VALLEY OH!

I've been kind of paranoid the last few days. I feel like everybody is waiting for me to leave the room so they can talk about how wack I am. This, I know, is probably not true. Even if people think you're wack, they usually won't expend the energy on discussing it, unless you're being really ridiculous. I guess it's just a garden-variety insecurity that I'm experiencing. Most of the time I feel pretty well-situated in my various college social scenes, but the last few days I've been wondering if everybody secretly thinks I'm a blowhard, a schmuck, a bitch, a meanie. If they're all, "God, thank goodness Sarah's gone. I can't stand that bitch" whenever I close the door. Why should social interactions feel like they're a game to me? Why do I feel like there's a right way and a wrong way to talk to people?