Friday, August 20, 2004

AND THE TONES ARE GROUPED IN CLUSTERS

+Went to the Carnegie Art Museum but found that 75% of the place is being set up for the International. (!). There were some wonderful Albrecht Durer prints, that aren't usually part of the permanent collection, as well as a really annoying tour guide who was trying to tell her group that "Albrecht" wasn't Albrecht Durer's real name because "Albrecht" is supposed to mean "Albert." I don't know why, but it annoyed the hell out of me. R. Crumb did the posters for the International, which is exciting.
+Bought a copy of FOUND magazine and Magic City (Yusef Komunyakaa) at Caliban. I've read most of Komunyakaa's poems, but I only have one of his books, and poetry is always a good investment. FOUND magazine is great. (In case you don't know, it's a magazine comprised entirely of notes, photos, and other strange, heartbreaking ephemera sent in by readers.) I think I'm going to send them a strip of photobooth pictures I found in Montreal, as well as a mean note somebody left on my windshield a while ago when I parked in a residential lot in Waynesburg.
+Ran into Ben on the bus, hung out with him as he got his prescriptions filled, and had coffee in the 61c while the rain came down. Ben drew a great picture of me fiddling with my umbrella, which ended up looking a little like I was knitting a fish.
+Had a perfectly civil chat with the landlords. Improbable, but not impossible, I guess.