DON'T TRY TO HIDE THAT TIE-DYE T-SHIRT!
Man. Teaching is scary. I had my first class entirely on my own tonight, and it got a little out of hand for a while. I made the mistake of asking them what they wanted to get a little more of, and I got a ten-minute suggestion fest. Of course, it's good to know what they want to learn more of, but still important to remember that they, being 17, don't know as much about what they should be learning as I do. Still, I think they realized that they were being a little bit harsh (and a little inaccurate), and eventually chilled out a little. In the end, everything was roses because I gave them a tricky assignment that they were all excited about, and I think they got a little more of my point. Still. Yikes.
I have another week of this job left. Basically, I'll be driving home next Sunday. Imagine that. We have a few classes left, but largely we're going to be wrapping up what we've done here.
I've carried my acceptance letters around with me all week. Isn't that sweet, and kind of crazy? I guess you can't blame me.
Man. Teaching is scary. I had my first class entirely on my own tonight, and it got a little out of hand for a while. I made the mistake of asking them what they wanted to get a little more of, and I got a ten-minute suggestion fest. Of course, it's good to know what they want to learn more of, but still important to remember that they, being 17, don't know as much about what they should be learning as I do. Still, I think they realized that they were being a little bit harsh (and a little inaccurate), and eventually chilled out a little. In the end, everything was roses because I gave them a tricky assignment that they were all excited about, and I think they got a little more of my point. Still. Yikes.
I have another week of this job left. Basically, I'll be driving home next Sunday. Imagine that. We have a few classes left, but largely we're going to be wrapping up what we've done here.
I've carried my acceptance letters around with me all week. Isn't that sweet, and kind of crazy? I guess you can't blame me.

<< Home