Monday, July 19, 2004

HELP ME, RHONDA
 
Here's the 411: the other writing ATTRA has been sick for a week, and today went back to Pittsburgh to see her family doctor because she hasn't been getting any better. The fiction teacher's fiancee had an accident and he had to go back to Pittsburgh to be with her. We have our first department reading today. The kicker? It's my day off. And I'm here in the Audrey Hirt Academic Center, sneaking some computer time between consoling nearly hysterical students and telling the bad ones to get the fuck to work unless they want me to adjust their attitudes personally.
 
Yesterday, my parents said that this might be the most difficult job I've ever had, and I was all "Yeah, I guess so," but now I'm all "Oh my god." Well, I'm fine really, but it is a little tricky. Tricky, tricky, tricky.
 
In other news, TGI Friday's potato skin potato chips are my new crush. Also, Zazz brand flavored seltzer. Also, I have a pack of Pall Malls in my pocket. Pittsburgh, I miss you. I kind of miss you for yourself (bridges, etc. etc.), but I really miss the people you house. Especially those in Squirrel Hill and Bloomfield. You know where my heart is. Goodnight, nurse.