Saturday, February 21, 2004

YOU'VE GOT KISSABILITY

Energy in the house has been weird, to say the least. Tonight I felt like I was spilling my guts to everybody, telling about how I feel about growing up in rural farmland, how cool my parents are, how I want things to be. Just a lot of shit that I never feel like saying. Watched Bamboozled with Carolyn and Ben tonight, and it put all of us out of commission and speechless. Which I knew about that film from having watched it before, but I guess I forgot about all that when I asked Ben if he wanted to watch it. Oops. That feeling wore off when Megan and Andrew came back, but was quickly replaced by another weird feeling. I don't know, you guys, but I think I might just start leveling with people. That's terrifying. Perhaps, also why I feel lonely a lot of the time.

This isn't the worst thing, necessarily. I've got a kind of appreciation for the way a little sadness feels. It's not really even sadness, just wanting to listen to Sonic Youth and Echo & the Bunnymen rather than Ted Leo or the Shins. Do you like how much I simplify my situation? Maybe we'll have a little rubric determining my mood based on scarf color/hairdo. (Goody barettes = sporty. Ponytail = efficient. Greasy bangs = tired.)