Tuesday, February 17, 2004

THAT'LL BE THE DAY
Believe me, I don't want to join the chorus of voices booing about how much Valentine's Day sucks. In fact, I like the aesthetic of Valentine's Day so much more than other holidays, and I really like making valentines for my friends. The only trouble is that I usually get myself all worked up about the attention of some specific boy who flakes out at the last minute. This is again the case. And Valentine's Day kind of sucked for it. Thank goodness I got to spend most of my time with some other disaffected types; they were the best possible company. I also saw The Triplets of Belleville, which was insane and very good. How am I still upset in spite of my new moisturizing regime (thanks to Carolyn) and the movie and the long weekend? Well, it's an old story and I don't much feel like going into it; I'm sure you're familiar with it yourself.