Tuesday, November 18, 2003

TWO OF US WEARING RAINCOATS, STANDING SOLO
Well. I just made up my schedule for next semester, and it looks like this: advanced poetry workshop, beginning fiction workshop, the question of sentence, the question of paragraph, narrative theory, the roots of rock 'n roll, jazz chamber music, jazz piano I, and maybe modern poetry. I'm sure all of these will be cut back significantly in a few weeks, but damn was registration easy this time around. Every other time I've had to register for classes I've been on five waitlists with only three actual classes on my plate. Oh, but it is fun to be an upperclassman. Which I am.

Sorry it's been a while since my last post; I've been tempest-toss'd as of recent, for many reasons which I would write about, except I fear it would be reductive to do so. And you can't argue with that because reductive things just suck, right?

This weekend I went home and brought Carolyn and Rachel with me. It was great and relaxing to be able to show my friends what I'm about, where I'm from, how dark and isolated the country really is, and so on. Also, my parents are so fun and so kind. (I'm really not just saying that because I know they read this, either. But hi, you guys, all the same).

See you around. I'm off to get a disgusting sandwich from Entropy and eat outside on the wet grass.