Friday, October 03, 2003

CAN'T GET A DOLLAR OUT OF ME
It's been a lovely day. I slept for almost twelve hours (which, if I may say, was a wonderful executive decision over going to the bar with friends), and consequently I'm almost entirely recovered from my cold. I visited with Carolyn at work and we talked about all kinds of things: substances, men, insecurities, makeup, writing, indulgence, therapy, top 40 rap. It was the kind of talk that keeps me going; Carolyn is a wonderful friend. Afterwards I watched Rope with a friend, worked out, read poetry by Yusef Komunyakaa and Denise Duhamel, wrote a bit, and find myself currently in the library taking out books that I've already read once but are too good not to read again. This is the kind of day that makes me feel the most humane, and real. I can't believe how chintzy that sounds, but so be it. I'm feeling so good I may treat myself to Beyonce's newest single (metaphorically speaking).