DR. FEELGOOD
So it's my first night working in the Creative Writing lounge and I'm listening to Aretha Franklin pumped all the way up. I don't know why, but Aretha always seems like the kind of thing that a hard-working gal like myself should listen to at night when kicking up her feet. It's kind of putting-on-pajamas-and making grilled cheese sandwiches music, you know? It's been a rough first few weeks of school so far, just because of some of the uncertainty regarding my schedule, but I consider that to be pretty normal.
In other news, I love my house. My housemates are so fucking awesome. Our Labor Day cook-out pretty much happened without tragedy or major failure of any kind (except for that moment when I spilled mango juice all over myself and the rest of the kitchen, but whatevs). I don't know how it is that I find myself so happily connected to so many friends, but it's great.
So it's my first night working in the Creative Writing lounge and I'm listening to Aretha Franklin pumped all the way up. I don't know why, but Aretha always seems like the kind of thing that a hard-working gal like myself should listen to at night when kicking up her feet. It's kind of putting-on-pajamas-and making grilled cheese sandwiches music, you know? It's been a rough first few weeks of school so far, just because of some of the uncertainty regarding my schedule, but I consider that to be pretty normal.
In other news, I love my house. My housemates are so fucking awesome. Our Labor Day cook-out pretty much happened without tragedy or major failure of any kind (except for that moment when I spilled mango juice all over myself and the rest of the kitchen, but whatevs). I don't know how it is that I find myself so happily connected to so many friends, but it's great.

<< Home