Sunday, October 20, 2002

HAVALINA
Okay. Ram broke up with me. I don't like the way that people who are breaking up communicate second-hand through instant messenger away messages and blogs like this. I really don't feel like I can share my life with you right now, unless I share random quotes from my parents or knitting patterns or random images. Because even those things say too much about me, or at least it feels like that. It isn't as if any of you would see the title of the post and think about the line in "The Royal Tenenbaums" where Royal sees the empty spot on the wall next to the staircase and says, "Where's my Havalina?". You probably wouldn't guess that, of all the lines in that movie, that one would make me cry, but it reminds me of the Pixies song "Havalina" and all Pixies songs remind me of Ram. And that stupid hairy boar's head was in the gameroom the whole time.

You might say that I've sort of missed the point by telling you all of that so explicitly. But give me a fucking break. I'm the new owner of a broken heart.