Sunday, September 12, 2004

PIGS THEY TEND TO WIGGLE WHEN THEY WALK

Just in case you wanted to know, here's how to be a really annoying Video Library patron:
1) Be a professor. Extra points if you're old, crotchety, and seem to think that girls aren't very smart.
2) Take up half an hour of my time asking me to look up The Power of Myth in the catalogue, and then telling me that I've found the wrong thing when in fact I was right all along.
3) Explain everything to me as if I were a small child or a dog.
4) Give me venemous looks when I pause our fruitless search to check in a student's video.
5) Smile patronizingly at me.
6) Make me do YOUR research for you.
7) Keep everything vague: why ask for the exact Joseph Campbell video you want when you can say things like, "Why don't you have a filmography for mythology studies?" Dude, I don't know. I didn't make the filmography list. I'm just here to deal with your bullshit.