Monday, November 04, 2002

BLAME THE DEVIL FOR THE THINGS YOU DO
I totally look like the archetypal indie girl today. I'm wearing dark blue jeans (cuffed up twice), a belt, a Belle & Sebastian t-shirt, a red cardigan, a polka dot headband, grey kitty socks, and black converse. I'm feeling kind of indie pop today, too, I guess. In the sense that things are grey outside, I'm listening to Mutations, and drinking warm liquids. To keep warm.

I have the funniest feeling listening to Jenn conduct phone interviews the way she has been the last few weeks. She's a research assistant in a project that tries to correlate physical well-being with human contact, so she has to call probably about fifteen research subjects every night to ask them questions about how they're feeling. "Have you confided in somebody in the last 24 hours? If so, did they show concern? Today, do you feel full of pep?" The last question is "Has anybody hugged you in the last 24 hours?" Maybe I'm not supposed to constantly-self evaluate when I hear these things, but I do anyway. Full of pep? No, not so much.