WHENEVER I GET DRESSED UP, I FEEL LIKE AN EX-CON TRYING TO MAKE GOOD
It's been an alternately pleasant and troubling weekend. Away from everybody, I can get kind of sad and wacked-out, and then I hang out with other people again and they make me feel warm and good. So, hey. Loneliness.
Megan and I went to the Carnegie International tonight. I only had a little time to walk around because I had to get to work by five, but it looks wonderful. I can't wait to go back. It was really nice to walk around in a musuem with Megan. She's a thoughtful person, and lots of great conversations come up in a museum. Note to self: museum = dates! I always love scenes in novels where the characters meet at the museum and talk about their problems in the galleries (especially in Another Country).
Q: What does the idea of "another country" stand for in James Baldwin's novel of the same name?
A: Paris.
This is a not particularly funny joke of mine. I don't know if I can even explain it very well anymore.
Jacques Derrida died this Friday at the age of 74. I was thinking about making a t-shirt that says DERRIDA R.I.P. How do you like that deferral? I miss you, man. I loved your movie.
There is no way to keep that from sounding smarmy. But I really did love his movie.
I wonder if Jeff would let us student assistants at the video library have staff favorites. Maybe we could work on getting a little hip job catchet around here, eh?
It's been an alternately pleasant and troubling weekend. Away from everybody, I can get kind of sad and wacked-out, and then I hang out with other people again and they make me feel warm and good. So, hey. Loneliness.
Megan and I went to the Carnegie International tonight. I only had a little time to walk around because I had to get to work by five, but it looks wonderful. I can't wait to go back. It was really nice to walk around in a musuem with Megan. She's a thoughtful person, and lots of great conversations come up in a museum. Note to self: museum = dates! I always love scenes in novels where the characters meet at the museum and talk about their problems in the galleries (especially in Another Country).
Q: What does the idea of "another country" stand for in James Baldwin's novel of the same name?
A: Paris.
This is a not particularly funny joke of mine. I don't know if I can even explain it very well anymore.
Jacques Derrida died this Friday at the age of 74. I was thinking about making a t-shirt that says DERRIDA R.I.P. How do you like that deferral? I miss you, man. I loved your movie.
There is no way to keep that from sounding smarmy. But I really did love his movie.
I wonder if Jeff would let us student assistants at the video library have staff favorites. Maybe we could work on getting a little hip job catchet around here, eh?

<< Home