TO REMAKE THE YOUNG FLYER
Feeling much better today. Robitussin is really good for treating colds. Who knew? (Well, my mom did. When I called my parents to complain about being sick, they were all, "What's wrong with you? Go get some cold medicine!" and I was all, "Oh, right.") Anyway, I got a lot of sleep last night, and while I still feel kind of woozy, at least I'm not having those full-body sneezes I was experiencing yesterday. I got a lot of writing done today at work, which is certainly kind of rare. And, with any luck, I'm going to have a clean room (and house) by tomorrow at this time. Convalescing in a filthy house is really no fun at all. You need to have a clean kitchen with a kettle of water boiling on the stove, and a neat little pile of magazines next to your bed, to even begin to feel better. Well. That's my opinion, anyway.
It looks like I may take a trip to NYC over midsemester break. I know, you're wondering if/when I'll get sick of taking midsem trips to a city that always breaks my heart. And with an old friend who also has a talent for breaking my heart, after a fashion. It's a difficult decision, or at least that's what I say now. I can bet you dollars on the dollar that when it comes time to make this decision next week, I'll throw a few t-shirts into my backpack and hit the road. Usually, traveling provides the solution to a problem that has been on my mind for a long time, especially travel to that diasporic hellpit, New York. Even though I've given up my desire to live there years ago, it still has something. Fuck, maybe I still want to live there. There is a kind of magic that doesn't fade.
The chicks are back, yeah.
Feeling much better today. Robitussin is really good for treating colds. Who knew? (Well, my mom did. When I called my parents to complain about being sick, they were all, "What's wrong with you? Go get some cold medicine!" and I was all, "Oh, right.") Anyway, I got a lot of sleep last night, and while I still feel kind of woozy, at least I'm not having those full-body sneezes I was experiencing yesterday. I got a lot of writing done today at work, which is certainly kind of rare. And, with any luck, I'm going to have a clean room (and house) by tomorrow at this time. Convalescing in a filthy house is really no fun at all. You need to have a clean kitchen with a kettle of water boiling on the stove, and a neat little pile of magazines next to your bed, to even begin to feel better. Well. That's my opinion, anyway.
It looks like I may take a trip to NYC over midsemester break. I know, you're wondering if/when I'll get sick of taking midsem trips to a city that always breaks my heart. And with an old friend who also has a talent for breaking my heart, after a fashion. It's a difficult decision, or at least that's what I say now. I can bet you dollars on the dollar that when it comes time to make this decision next week, I'll throw a few t-shirts into my backpack and hit the road. Usually, traveling provides the solution to a problem that has been on my mind for a long time, especially travel to that diasporic hellpit, New York. Even though I've given up my desire to live there years ago, it still has something. Fuck, maybe I still want to live there. There is a kind of magic that doesn't fade.
The chicks are back, yeah.

<< Home