Thursday, June 26, 2003

WHITE HEAT
I have discovered the LOVE that is liquid eyeliner. You almost have to make it wing out at the sides; there's no other way to do it, really. I bought some really cheap (but notably not Wet 'n Wild) eyeliner at the drugstore, mainly for the purpose of dressing up the boys for Hedwig, but I made myself up, too, just to get ready. And WHOA. I feel like I'm the leader of a '50s girl gang, Rizzo style. This is surely dangerous territory here.

By the way, the drag went very well, I think. Adam told me that after they walked out of the men's restroom at City Theater a woman accidentally walked in, assuming it was the ladies' room. And they have pictures. Ahhhh.

It was a great night all around. I went to the free screening of A Beautiful Mind in Shenley Park with Carolyn and some of her friends and met up with Scotto and company at the Union Grill where we were later joined by the three boygirls whose faces I had previously painted. I think it's fair to say that we made a scene. Not a negative, Dynasty-style scene, but a "who are those beguilingly coiffed yet witty young people?" kind of scene. Good for us.

Adam, Carolyn, and I have decided that we need to step up to the plate since all of the amazing/dramatic/hilarious writing seniors have graduated, and we have some large, wisecracking shoes to fill. Accordingly, we plan to be SEEN as much as possible. And so it begins.

On an entirely different note, one of my housemates was hit by a trolley while she was riding her bike back from downtown yesterday. She has a pretty big yellow bruise on her temple, but she seems okay. Jeez! She apparently blacked out and woke up in the hospital. Tonight we're throwing a going-away party for her because she's going to be in San Diego for a while, so it may as well also be an "Oh my God I hope you feel better" party as well. I mean, that's the way I'm calling it.