LIVING THE DESTINATION LIFE
There are so many young people in Austin--it's a little intimidating, actually. I'm so accustomed to Pittsburgh, where everything is connected by three degrees (or fewer) of separation. Of course, Austin may be the same, but how would I know at this point?
So many SUVs! I want to get a rifle and shoot out their tires while I wait for the bus, because they spew hot, hot exhaust fumes all over me, the good low-emissions citizen I've become. And undergraduates! Believe me, it's different. Maybe they're a little riled up because they're at the NUMBER ONE PARTY SCHOOL DUDES! Yeah! Wearin visors! Mom got me some take-out from Chipotle! It roxors! Wow. Carnegie Mellon has the bearing of a delicate orchid in comparison. Which, for the record, I am not claiming as a good or a bad thing.
I'm finally in good with the library, which is excellent because life is hollow without a library. Or I end up buying too many crappy magazines in a stunted effort to introduce more printed material into my life. It's no good living like that and has all the feeling of being at some kind of awful halfway home.
I really want classes to start. I need new shoes. It's crazy that every can of beans they sell in Texas has pieces of bacon floating around in there. (Seriously, why? To make it more tasty around the campfire?) That's all the news for now.
There are so many young people in Austin--it's a little intimidating, actually. I'm so accustomed to Pittsburgh, where everything is connected by three degrees (or fewer) of separation. Of course, Austin may be the same, but how would I know at this point?
So many SUVs! I want to get a rifle and shoot out their tires while I wait for the bus, because they spew hot, hot exhaust fumes all over me, the good low-emissions citizen I've become. And undergraduates! Believe me, it's different. Maybe they're a little riled up because they're at the NUMBER ONE PARTY SCHOOL DUDES! Yeah! Wearin visors! Mom got me some take-out from Chipotle! It roxors! Wow. Carnegie Mellon has the bearing of a delicate orchid in comparison. Which, for the record, I am not claiming as a good or a bad thing.
I'm finally in good with the library, which is excellent because life is hollow without a library. Or I end up buying too many crappy magazines in a stunted effort to introduce more printed material into my life. It's no good living like that and has all the feeling of being at some kind of awful halfway home.
I really want classes to start. I need new shoes. It's crazy that every can of beans they sell in Texas has pieces of bacon floating around in there. (Seriously, why? To make it more tasty around the campfire?) That's all the news for now.
<< Home