YOU STOP WEARING BLUE & BROWN AND LOOKING FOR A CLAMPDOWN
Okay, so a real update is long overdue, but I haven't had any access to the internets just about all week. Which, all told, is probably good for me.
So, on Saturday morning we packed up the trailer with substantial help (Jim and Brian, thanks a million, you were so helpful and nice that the whole way to Indianapolis that first night my parents were RAVING about how sweet you are). Amazingly, we had zero crises on day one. The next day we hit the road Mother Fucking Hard, making it through Indiana, Illinois, Missouri, and into Oklahoma. Let me warn you, if you're ever planning on driving cross-county through Missouri: don't do it. Highway 44 is a huge pain, even though it has lots of entertaining/tacky signs for the Jesse James Hideout. Oklahoma was a real surprise: gorgeous, laid-back, and really unusual (in that good way). Muskogee was a cool city, and I would have loved to spend more time there.
Day Three was straight-up lunacy. We thought we would just drive a few miles off our route to IKEA Dallas, pick up a few things (yeah right) and hit the road again: HUH. Everything really is bigger in Texas, okay, especially Swedish design superstores! IKEA kicked our asses and then some, and after that we had to get back on the Dallas-Fort Worth bypass, which destroyed the previously whole fragments of my soul. DFW is an open sore.
But after we made it that far, we figured we may as well blast into Round Rock, a small city just north of ATX. Except that while we were on the road, I realized that the hotel I had just booked was in ATX itself! So, we somewhat unwillingly made it into Austin that very day.
The day after, I picked up my apartment keys and we busted over there with the U-Haul trailer. Unloading it into a first-floor apartment: piece of cake! Setting up a small army of IKEA furniture: not so cakey! It's all been kind of a blur since then becuase we've spent so much time in my apartment cleaning things and setting things up and just fussing. And going to Target and the grocery store, etc etc etc. I still have to set up my closet, but I can promise that this new place is going to be the nicest apartment I've ever had. Lots of beauty and order. And pictures hung up on the wall! Maybe, hopefully, someday I'll actually post some pictures. But it'll probably take me about six months to figure out how to do that because I AM SO RIDICULOUS about comptuer things.
I realize that I'm not actually addressing my "mental state" or "emotions," but that will just have to wait because I haven't even taken them out of the boxes yet.
But suffice it to say that I miss you. And if I don't call you soon, call me and scold me, okay?
Okay, so a real update is long overdue, but I haven't had any access to the internets just about all week. Which, all told, is probably good for me.
So, on Saturday morning we packed up the trailer with substantial help (Jim and Brian, thanks a million, you were so helpful and nice that the whole way to Indianapolis that first night my parents were RAVING about how sweet you are). Amazingly, we had zero crises on day one. The next day we hit the road Mother Fucking Hard, making it through Indiana, Illinois, Missouri, and into Oklahoma. Let me warn you, if you're ever planning on driving cross-county through Missouri: don't do it. Highway 44 is a huge pain, even though it has lots of entertaining/tacky signs for the Jesse James Hideout. Oklahoma was a real surprise: gorgeous, laid-back, and really unusual (in that good way). Muskogee was a cool city, and I would have loved to spend more time there.
Day Three was straight-up lunacy. We thought we would just drive a few miles off our route to IKEA Dallas, pick up a few things (yeah right) and hit the road again: HUH. Everything really is bigger in Texas, okay, especially Swedish design superstores! IKEA kicked our asses and then some, and after that we had to get back on the Dallas-Fort Worth bypass, which destroyed the previously whole fragments of my soul. DFW is an open sore.
But after we made it that far, we figured we may as well blast into Round Rock, a small city just north of ATX. Except that while we were on the road, I realized that the hotel I had just booked was in ATX itself! So, we somewhat unwillingly made it into Austin that very day.
The day after, I picked up my apartment keys and we busted over there with the U-Haul trailer. Unloading it into a first-floor apartment: piece of cake! Setting up a small army of IKEA furniture: not so cakey! It's all been kind of a blur since then becuase we've spent so much time in my apartment cleaning things and setting things up and just fussing. And going to Target and the grocery store, etc etc etc. I still have to set up my closet, but I can promise that this new place is going to be the nicest apartment I've ever had. Lots of beauty and order. And pictures hung up on the wall! Maybe, hopefully, someday I'll actually post some pictures. But it'll probably take me about six months to figure out how to do that because I AM SO RIDICULOUS about comptuer things.
I realize that I'm not actually addressing my "mental state" or "emotions," but that will just have to wait because I haven't even taken them out of the boxes yet.
But suffice it to say that I miss you. And if I don't call you soon, call me and scold me, okay?

<< Home