Tuesday, April 18, 2006

RAINCOAT RAMIFICATION

Junk e-mail is uncannily good at providing koans for our era.

STAR MUCUOS

BOUNDLESS INEXACT

TENDERLY PANTYHOSE

UGLY PISTACHIO

IRRITABILITY

DAYLIGHT CAMEO


This is the part of our lecture where somebody usually says, "Well, what do we need poets for, then?" People. Come on, it's National Poetry Month. Of course you need poets, if only to tell you when something's a fucking koan and when it isn't.

That said, I am intensely jealous of whatever person or algorithm came up with those phrases, and I will probably steal all/most of them for a poem soon.

I'm considering a mass PIRATE E-MAIL POEM project in which I find lots of random e-mail addresses and e-mail them poems. With crazy titles like these, of course. But that strikes me as somewhat illegal. Is it illegal? I should know these things. Outlaw poetry teachers should always know these things.