EVERYBODY HAS A HEART, EXCEPT SOME PEOPLE
Wow, All About Eve was great. It's the kind of movie that leaves you completely wrung-out and wide-eyed. If I had only seen it sooner, I would have started my life ambition of becoming Bette Davis a lot earlier, but as Adam points out, I do have until I'm 40. Not bad. I have to work on my one-liners.
Taking a hint from Amanda's blog, I'm going to list the top ten books of poetry that have influenced me. (Why? Because I actually miss working on grad school applications? Oh, I don't know. And I like lists.)
1. Winter Stars, Larry Levis
2. Among the Musk Ox People, Mary Ruefle
3. Duino Elegies, Rainer Maria Rilke
4. Actual Air, David Berman
5. Ghost Money, Lynda Hull
6. Diving Into the Wreck, Adrienne Rich
7. Lunch Poems, Frank O'Hara
8. Poker, Tomaz Salamun
9. Hip Logic, Terrance Hayes
10. First Course in Turbulance, Dean Young
Wow, All About Eve was great. It's the kind of movie that leaves you completely wrung-out and wide-eyed. If I had only seen it sooner, I would have started my life ambition of becoming Bette Davis a lot earlier, but as Adam points out, I do have until I'm 40. Not bad. I have to work on my one-liners.
Taking a hint from Amanda's blog, I'm going to list the top ten books of poetry that have influenced me. (Why? Because I actually miss working on grad school applications? Oh, I don't know. And I like lists.)
1. Winter Stars, Larry Levis
2. Among the Musk Ox People, Mary Ruefle
3. Duino Elegies, Rainer Maria Rilke
4. Actual Air, David Berman
5. Ghost Money, Lynda Hull
6. Diving Into the Wreck, Adrienne Rich
7. Lunch Poems, Frank O'Hara
8. Poker, Tomaz Salamun
9. Hip Logic, Terrance Hayes
10. First Course in Turbulance, Dean Young

<< Home