Wednesday, April 12, 2006

ACCORDING TO MOST HOROSCOPES, TOMORROW IS MY LUCKIEST DAY OF THE YEAR

This is already in substantial evidence because I have the day off from work. Aside from that, though, I'm excited to see what this might mean. I'm going to the library, of course. How telling is it that on a day when I am guarateed to succeed in all things I attempt I want nothing more than to go to the library and FOR ONCE find that some of the books I want are not already checked out. I know that my intellectual and emotional kin are in fact right here in Pittsburgh because they're already reading the books that I want to read. And I'm not talking about some Oprah book club insanity that everybody is reading--I mean Italian Folktales trans. Italo Calvino, The Gazer Within (Larry Levis), Geronimo Rex (Barry Hannah), and so on. If you are the person who has been reading these books, you should get in touch with me. Also, you should return your books to the library and give others a chance.

That, and I will probably walk around in the rain with my umbrella (one of my top five favorite activities) and listen to Dusty Springfield (top ten) and drink coffee and smoke cigarettes (numbers one and two). But I am also easy to please.

Passover dinner tomorrow! Yes!