Sunday, August 07, 2005

UNDER THE MISSING & INNUMERABLE STARS

Talk about some roadside attractions. Oh, majestic midwest. I already found a first edition copy of Larry Levis's "Winter Stars" and a second-edition copy of Nicanor Parra's "Antipoems." And we haven't even gotten to the be-all end-all bookstore in Iowa City. It's strange, though, to walk around a campus and try to figure out if I could be happy living here for three years. I didn't think I'd have to do that again after college, but it's just the damn same thing.

By the way, if you're looking for a way to amuse yourselves in Bloomington, just sit down outside the hotel with your Nicanor Parra book & your Lucky Strikes & your big glasses and watch everybody else just totally not know what to do with you. Cons: the state of Indiana is totally nonsmoking in bars and restaurants. Pros: I feel like a beauty queen around here.