Monday, August 29, 2005

ARE YOU LOOKIN FOR THE MOTHERLODE? HA! NO!

So, I stayed away from the Carnegie Library for like, two years because I had fines that I thought were too exorbitant to pay. I hadn't even seen it since they had finished renovating it last year. But now I'm back. And this place is incredible. It's definitely one of those rainy, walk around under the umbrella with the French pop songs kind of day, and now I remember what I like about free books! And libraries! And archaic wooden seats that overlook the industrial belly of Panther Hollow! So yeah. I can't believe I didn't spend my ENTIRE SUMMER here.

I've realized that I'm never happier than I am in my lady uniform (or whatever you want to call it). Short skirt for unhindered mobility. Quick-drying tights for warmth and illusions of superheroics. Boots for puddles. Hooded sweatshirt for solace & extra pockets. Bike bag for pencil case, thermos, and other sundry items of importance. If they'll let me teach in this, I'll be THE HAPPIEST CLAM.