Monday, September 13, 2004

SO THIS IS THE STONE AGE

Forgive me for yesterday's outburst. It's usually a bad idea to blurt out anger like that, but damn, blogger makes it so easy! I bear no ill will toward the professor in question, but he was unduly rude. It's in the past.

My schedule is getting more and more complicated right now, and I'm not really sure how I feel about that. I was doing such a good job of limiting my obligations and managing my time, but this is starting to feel more like every other semester. That is to say, it's always something, isn't it? And it doesn't help that there's a certain boy whose invitations to watch a movie (any movie) will never be turned down. Even on school nights!

This weekend was very action packed & fun filled. On Friday night, Rachel, Andrew, and I went to see Les Savy Fav at the Rex, complete with dancing, antics, and the singer spitting water on us. (If you've ever seen the Fav live, you might know that this is a cherished occurance rather than a disgusting one. Post-punk lives and spits!) Afterwards we went to a party in Squirrel Hill but left early because the beer ran out and the cops came. On Saturday, we went to the Pirates game (SKYBOX!) and stuffed ourselves with hot sausage and beer. This should have turned into naptime, but instead we watched Curb Your Enthusiasm, endured an unwanted visit from an ex-boyfriend (cut short by yours truly, otherwise known as Ms. Give 'em What They Deserve), and Irish coffees. After some more drama with aforementioned ex-boyfriend's second unwanted visit to the house, Rachel, Ryan, and I listened to the Violent Femmes and then hit up a birthday party on Wightman. It ruled, by the way. How, you ask, did I get any work done this weekend? Well, I didn't because I watched football with Ryan and Andrew the next day, then went to work, got dinner with Rachel, and watched another movie at Andrew's. So. It's Monday. Ow.