GIN-SOAKED OLIVE
Unless I keep all of you up to date right now (without the artsy embroideries of which I am so fond), we'll lose the narrative thread in my day-to-day goings on. So, please, sit back and relax.
Last week I saw Radiohead on Thursday. I can't really think of enough ways to describe why I thought it was amazing, so I'll say this: F O R E V E R. FOREVER. If you were there, you know what I mean. We had a really pleasant drive: Megan, Erik, Scott, Ethan, and me. Lovely, lovely. I kept on thinking about what was different from the last time I saw Radiohead (also at the Blossom Music Center in Ohio): people seemed a little less kindly towards one another in the parking lot for one thing. In the parking lot we made friends with some Russian kids and waited for the traffic to calm down, but while we waited the kids in the next car over started playing with sparklers, which have always freaked me out. One of the sparklers broke and flew into my chest! What? Well, those rubes got their comings-up when they tried to start their car and realized their battery was dead. And they had to sheepishly ask Megan if she could help them jump her car.
I went home for the weekend to relax in the country before starting the madcap adventures I'll doubtlessly have at school. All of my parents' friends made a big point of telling me how much I looked like a movie star (or at least a Germanic sweetheart), which was nice and flattering, I suppose.
The first two days of school have been pretty easy, but that's really just because no work has been assigned yet. I can tell that my classes are going to be challenging, even though my schedule is pretty sparse (about one class a day, none on Fridays). Also, my housemates are the most fun people. We have an excellent house (even if Dave calls Rachel, Megan, and I "drunkos." I mean, especially when that happens.)
Unless I keep all of you up to date right now (without the artsy embroideries of which I am so fond), we'll lose the narrative thread in my day-to-day goings on. So, please, sit back and relax.
Last week I saw Radiohead on Thursday. I can't really think of enough ways to describe why I thought it was amazing, so I'll say this: F O R E V E R. FOREVER. If you were there, you know what I mean. We had a really pleasant drive: Megan, Erik, Scott, Ethan, and me. Lovely, lovely. I kept on thinking about what was different from the last time I saw Radiohead (also at the Blossom Music Center in Ohio): people seemed a little less kindly towards one another in the parking lot for one thing. In the parking lot we made friends with some Russian kids and waited for the traffic to calm down, but while we waited the kids in the next car over started playing with sparklers, which have always freaked me out. One of the sparklers broke and flew into my chest! What? Well, those rubes got their comings-up when they tried to start their car and realized their battery was dead. And they had to sheepishly ask Megan if she could help them jump her car.
I went home for the weekend to relax in the country before starting the madcap adventures I'll doubtlessly have at school. All of my parents' friends made a big point of telling me how much I looked like a movie star (or at least a Germanic sweetheart), which was nice and flattering, I suppose.
The first two days of school have been pretty easy, but that's really just because no work has been assigned yet. I can tell that my classes are going to be challenging, even though my schedule is pretty sparse (about one class a day, none on Fridays). Also, my housemates are the most fun people. We have an excellent house (even if Dave calls Rachel, Megan, and I "drunkos." I mean, especially when that happens.)
<< Home