DEPRESSED ANGELS FALLING FROM ABOVE
This weeked I saw Sonic Youth, saw Neil Young, and made a new friend, Oh Boy! Things looked dire on Sunday evening when the friend who was going to go with me opted out and everybody I knew who planned on going had no room in their cars. But lo, Dave's friend Greg (of Boxstep fame/infamy) called to see if anybody from our house needed a ride. It was a great show; they played both Mote and Teenage Riot, which I called (!) as well as lots of stuff from Murray Street. Apparently they opened with Bull In the Heather, which we missed, but free entertainment in the park is just that. We made a night of it with a trip up the incline and hijinks at some of Cranberry's finest 24-hour establishments (Sheetz for shmiscuits, etc.)
On Monday I called off work at the library to see Neil Young at Starlake or whatever it's called now. Almost all of the show was new material from a forthcoming album, Greendale. It would have probably been unbearably boring otherwise (long choruses, lots of choruses, songs about living and loving and the country), but there was an entire stage show to go along with it. Unfortunately I'm at a total loss to describe it, except there were actors pantomiming the lyrics, and elaborate sets and it went on like that for a long time. And then they played some footage from Rust Never Sleeps. Three songs and he went off stage. I guess he was getting hassled by some guys down front, but for the most part the new material went over really well.
In other news, I've joined the hipster white belt mafia thanks to my new belt from Queen Bee. Shakey-shake! A-shake it! Levitate me!
This weeked I saw Sonic Youth, saw Neil Young, and made a new friend, Oh Boy! Things looked dire on Sunday evening when the friend who was going to go with me opted out and everybody I knew who planned on going had no room in their cars. But lo, Dave's friend Greg (of Boxstep fame/infamy) called to see if anybody from our house needed a ride. It was a great show; they played both Mote and Teenage Riot, which I called (!) as well as lots of stuff from Murray Street. Apparently they opened with Bull In the Heather, which we missed, but free entertainment in the park is just that. We made a night of it with a trip up the incline and hijinks at some of Cranberry's finest 24-hour establishments (Sheetz for shmiscuits, etc.)
On Monday I called off work at the library to see Neil Young at Starlake or whatever it's called now. Almost all of the show was new material from a forthcoming album, Greendale. It would have probably been unbearably boring otherwise (long choruses, lots of choruses, songs about living and loving and the country), but there was an entire stage show to go along with it. Unfortunately I'm at a total loss to describe it, except there were actors pantomiming the lyrics, and elaborate sets and it went on like that for a long time. And then they played some footage from Rust Never Sleeps. Three songs and he went off stage. I guess he was getting hassled by some guys down front, but for the most part the new material went over really well.
In other news, I've joined the hipster white belt mafia thanks to my new belt from Queen Bee. Shakey-shake! A-shake it! Levitate me!
<< Home