Friday, July 26, 2002

GET OUT OF THE OFFICE AND INTO THE SPRINGTIME
This is my last day of work. Thank goodness. You might think I'd be all excited about keeping the paycheck and whatnot, but to be perfectly frank I'm glad to be saying my goodbyes to this shithole. I don't think I can stand to work for the Democratic Party if it doesn't read Michael Moore, or doesn't know who Michael Moore is at all. On the upside, though, I got to paint the front window to congratulate the new Miss Pennsylvania, who is from my home county, and the third-runner up in the pageant, with whom I did OM and band and all kinds of fun things. Painting stuff on windows is a lot of fun, and it gave me something concrete and useful to do this morning. Almost every Waynesburg street person who walked by waved at me. It has to be the most joyous moment of my whole internship, if not my summer.