Sunday, June 16, 2002

GO ON, GET THE MAYOR
It's been a quick, bizarre, and mostly sweet weekend: my friends Jimmy and Abby got married in a whirlwind on Friday afternoon. (I only heard about it the night before, and as I understand it, their parents heard only a little earlier.) I've been to plenty of family weddings before, but it's never mattered to me as much as this particular wedding. Jimmy and Abby have been together for a long time, and in a sense the marriage wasn't such a big surprise, but then, it also was a big surprise. And adorable. And exhausting, because I saw so many people at their reception and talked until my throat gave out.

In other news, I miss Ram, but I'm not as worried about his safety as I was before. He has arrived safely in India, thank goodness. I might have to start a short timer's calendar to count down the days until his return. No matter what I choose to do, though, you know I'll do so in classic somewhat anxious fashion.