Wednesday, June 12, 2002

GIRLIE SO GROOVY (I WANT YOU TO KNOW)
I cooked the most boss dinner tonight. While I love eating tofu (yes, even just out of the package, unadulterated), my cooking experiments have vastly been examples of suck. Tonight, though, it was a pretty simple stir-fry (garlic, olive and sesame oil, red peppers, tofu, mushrooms, and spinach) over brown rice. Maybe, just maybe I'm going to be all super and culinary and cook actual food for all of my peeps. Well, every now and then, at least. Huzzah!

Tomorrow is the last time I'll be talking to Ram before his trip. Oh my golly! Also, I'm going shopping with my dad tomorrow morning before the call. This will be interesting because 1)my dad hates shopping 2)we're leaving at 8:30, driving an hour, and have to visit four stores and a mall 3)he expects that we'll be back for lunch 4)dad and i have never gone shopping before without mom as a mediating, calming influence. Dad and I were joking about how tragic it was going to be, and he yelled, "Fuckin' A!" It was definitely one of the funniest moments in the Smith household, ever. (I can tell that it's one of his favorite phrases, but he stopped using it when I went through my puritanical phase in fourth grade and policed his swearing.)

In only mildly-unrelated news, I think we're planning to invite a lot of my friends from school to come down to the house over some weekend during fall semester. My mom actually said, "Well, I'd have to take a few days off to do some cooking . . ." What?! Look, everybody, if she's serious, I think it would be in your best interest to get yourselves down here. No lie.

Yeah, so I'm going to go raid the fridge.