THERE WILL BE ANOTHER BICENTENNIAL BEFORE I HEAR THE TRUTH FROM YOUR MOUTH
Just to give you an idea of how far my library dorkdom has come, know this: today I got briefly very frustrated beacuse the library is closed today AND tomorrow for Memorial Day. And I really wanted to check out "The Diary of Laura Palmer," which is a faux diary (well isn't everything) written by David Lynch's daughter. It's a companion piece to Twin Peaks in the sense that it's meant to be the "actual" diary that Laura writes in throughout the series. Which sounds just incredible to me. It's been on my list of library treats forever but I keep forgetting to look for it during my errands. So, a memo to everybody in Pittsburgh: do me the kindness to NOT check out this book first thing on Tuesday morning, okay? Please?
Zach and I had a great poetry workshop today at Ritter's. It was great for these reasons: 1) Zach brought incredible poems 2) Zach really liked one of my poems (the other two of which were, as we call them now, "slutty ridiculous," but not without potential for revision) 3) While talking about Zach's poems (and while writing some comments for Lillian yesterday as well), I realized that I do NOT suck at talking about poems, and I have NOT lost my ability to do so. I just needed a little cross-training. Since then, I have drafted out not one but two new poems. This, senator, is what they call "priming the pump."
TEXAS, YOU ARE NOT READY!
Just to give you an idea of how far my library dorkdom has come, know this: today I got briefly very frustrated beacuse the library is closed today AND tomorrow for Memorial Day. And I really wanted to check out "The Diary of Laura Palmer," which is a faux diary (well isn't everything) written by David Lynch's daughter. It's a companion piece to Twin Peaks in the sense that it's meant to be the "actual" diary that Laura writes in throughout the series. Which sounds just incredible to me. It's been on my list of library treats forever but I keep forgetting to look for it during my errands. So, a memo to everybody in Pittsburgh: do me the kindness to NOT check out this book first thing on Tuesday morning, okay? Please?
Zach and I had a great poetry workshop today at Ritter's. It was great for these reasons: 1) Zach brought incredible poems 2) Zach really liked one of my poems (the other two of which were, as we call them now, "slutty ridiculous," but not without potential for revision) 3) While talking about Zach's poems (and while writing some comments for Lillian yesterday as well), I realized that I do NOT suck at talking about poems, and I have NOT lost my ability to do so. I just needed a little cross-training. Since then, I have drafted out not one but two new poems. This, senator, is what they call "priming the pump."
TEXAS, YOU ARE NOT READY!

<< Home