MAGIC CHRISTIANS CHEW THE RIND
Wow, I need to not work in the library anymore. It makes me completely bats after a few hours. That's more or less where I am right now. I can hear some of those real smarties who sit in the back and eat peanuts saying, "Wait, maybe you shouldn't go to library school." Yeah, okay. There might be something to that. And anyway, it doesn't matter because I'm going to be some kind of mandarin intellectual no matter how hard I try to NOT go to grad school.
So I just listened to "Waiting Room" (you know, it's that Fugazi song that goes "everybody MOVE IT! everybody MOVE IT MOVE IT MOVE IT MOVE IT!") and for a few minutes it felt exactly like October, going to see the Ramones movie with Rachel in Regent Square and passing bike punks on their way to the same movie, and being like FUCK YOU WE'RE IN A JETTA, FOOLS. Which is both completely inappropriate and also really funny. And then all those expensive beers from Dee's, and dead roses all over the place. Wow, I just bumped my head on the backboard of my own nostalgia.
Wow, I need to not work in the library anymore. It makes me completely bats after a few hours. That's more or less where I am right now. I can hear some of those real smarties who sit in the back and eat peanuts saying, "Wait, maybe you shouldn't go to library school." Yeah, okay. There might be something to that. And anyway, it doesn't matter because I'm going to be some kind of mandarin intellectual no matter how hard I try to NOT go to grad school.
So I just listened to "Waiting Room" (you know, it's that Fugazi song that goes "everybody MOVE IT! everybody MOVE IT MOVE IT MOVE IT MOVE IT!") and for a few minutes it felt exactly like October, going to see the Ramones movie with Rachel in Regent Square and passing bike punks on their way to the same movie, and being like FUCK YOU WE'RE IN A JETTA, FOOLS. Which is both completely inappropriate and also really funny. And then all those expensive beers from Dee's, and dead roses all over the place. Wow, I just bumped my head on the backboard of my own nostalgia.

<< Home