Monday, January 06, 2003

USEFULNESS MECHANISM(S)
I feel like a fish back in water in the office. It's been three weeks since I had takeout from Sree's (which, as you would know if you ate sublime Indian takeout as much as I, is far too long) and I'm finding that whenever I'm here in Pittsburgh my thoughts are entirely different. The whole inside of my head is different, albeit in a way that is now familiar to me. It's gruelling to go from home to school too often. The moody, snowy atmosphere on campus, which kind of brought me down yesterday, is just pretty and comforting today, I don't know why. It makes even a privileged, over-expensive campus like this seem like a haven, especially with so much undisturbed snow on the ground. You feel as if you could send secret messages to people and they would only be read by their intended recipients, no interruption between the page you touch and the page they read.