Sunday, January 05, 2003

GIVE ME THINGS THAT DON'T GET LOST
Today I got all nerded up in my winter gear and walked all around Oakland and Squirrel Hill. I even packed a lunch so I could spend the whole day out in the world. This works out pretty well, I think, because by the time it's dark I'm ready to be inside for a while and sit still.

I love the Carnegie Library. This is what I checked out today: Soundtrack, Jessica Abel; The Greatest of Marlys!, Lynda Barry; Caricature, Daniel Clowes; West Wind, Mary Oliver; Atlantis, Mark Doty; Roman Fever, Marcus Cafagna; Nine Horses, Billy Collins; Scarlet's Walk, Tori Amos; 69 Love Songs Vol. III, the Magnetic Fields; Lust For Life, Iggy Pop; Standards, Tortoise; Song For My Father, Horace Silver; Songs For Torching, Billie Holiday. In the afternoon I went to Jerry's Fine Used Records and picked up some Tom Waits, Pretenders, and Kinks. I wrote letters in the 61c for a while, but I had to get home because it was getting dark. Not a bad day. I even saw two people I know.