Thursday, May 23, 2002

ALICE BLUEGOWN

Listening to Allez-Vous-En sung by Martha Wainwright. I'm getting $50 from my dad for writing his graduation speech for him. At this time tomorrow I'm going to be sitting with my mother in the gymnasium trying to look like Grace Kelly or some other dignified starlet. (Maybe Sally Eilers?) Of course I'll be carrying my black pocketbook palm up.

I had a pretty productive day, as days for writers go. I walked the dogs, cleaned up the house, practiced scales and triads, and listened to the armful of records I hadn't been able to listen to during the school year. The Lou Reed record sucks, sadly, but the Modey Lemon single is pretty boss. Also, I found a copy of Let It Be in really good condition but I've only listened to "Dig a Pony" so far. The album of songs about CB radios is just as bad as I was expecting it to be, but still so worth its price ($.25) for the cover and the list of CB slang on the back cover. (And that song "The Night I Talked to the Lord" has some kind of value. Maybe.)

Also, I have more ideas for plays, screenplays, and short stories than I had thought. At the least I have some character sketches that I've been wanting to do something with.

I really like the way vinyl 45s look. I need somebody to give me a box of their mid-90s vinyl singles. And I need a Modey Lemon album. And a diet Coke.