I'M FLYING IN ON A DC-10 TONIGHT
Oh gosh. Yesterday I said goodbye to Adam Atkinson. Which, all things considered, was not as sad as I thought, if only because I know I'll stay in touch with him. Mostly, I don't feel like saying goodbye means that the people I love are just going to disappear into the void, and I think that's what used to make it difficult. I'm not going to let them disappear into the void this time, and I've had practice from staying in touch with my Bucknell friends. As my therapist points out, that's called growing up. And it's good.
In other news, I fell hard for the Clash yesterday. Why didn't I fall hard for the Clash before? I don't know. After all, I have always acknowledged that "London Calling" was probably one of the best rock records ever made, but I hadn't heard that much of it, except "Rudie Can't Fail" and "Train in Vain." I found a burnec copy of London Calling while going through my random CD pile, and what do you know? It happens to be the most fantastic album to listen to right now. It has a sentimental feel to it, even though it doesn't take up a whole lot of space in my memory. Maybe it played in the background for the part of my life that felt like sleepwalking. I don't know. But for right now, when I'm living in the past and the future simultaneously, it's kind of perfect.
Oh gosh. Yesterday I said goodbye to Adam Atkinson. Which, all things considered, was not as sad as I thought, if only because I know I'll stay in touch with him. Mostly, I don't feel like saying goodbye means that the people I love are just going to disappear into the void, and I think that's what used to make it difficult. I'm not going to let them disappear into the void this time, and I've had practice from staying in touch with my Bucknell friends. As my therapist points out, that's called growing up. And it's good.
In other news, I fell hard for the Clash yesterday. Why didn't I fall hard for the Clash before? I don't know. After all, I have always acknowledged that "London Calling" was probably one of the best rock records ever made, but I hadn't heard that much of it, except "Rudie Can't Fail" and "Train in Vain." I found a burnec copy of London Calling while going through my random CD pile, and what do you know? It happens to be the most fantastic album to listen to right now. It has a sentimental feel to it, even though it doesn't take up a whole lot of space in my memory. Maybe it played in the background for the part of my life that felt like sleepwalking. I don't know. But for right now, when I'm living in the past and the future simultaneously, it's kind of perfect.
<< Home